This update would not have been this voluminous without the efforts and devotion of Atlus forums member Eefara, who has been submitting numerous interviews, background articles and transcribing segments of artbooks and game manuals over the past two months. I have not been able to add all of Eefara’s submissions in this update, though. More will follow.
In order to properly present this increasing stream of materials, I have made minor adjustments to the website. The ‘Interviews‘ section has become a subsection of ‘Readings‘ alongside ‘Artbooks‘ and ‘Background articles‘. Hopefully this will be considered an improvement.
I also finished translating the Nakama Cards of the Devil Children card game. Whilst I do not think many have been looking forward to seeing this getting translated, I prioritised this particular translation to build up a translation memory (alongside the Kazuma Kaneko Works trilogy) which may help to make subsequent translations easier and more consistent. Especially translating names of mythological creatures can be tricky, which I hope to have largely covered now.
- Devil Children – Nakama Cards [translated]
Readings > Artbooks
- Persona 3 Official Design Works. Udon Entertainment, 2012. [NA release]
- Persona 4 Official Design Works. Udon Entertainment, 2012. [NA release]
- Shigenori Soejima Art Works 2004-2010. Udon Entertainment, 2012. [NA release]
- Kaneko, Kazuma. Kazuma Kaneko Works III. Shinkigensha, 2008. [JP release]
- Kaneko, Kazuma. Kazuma Kaneko Works II. Shinkigensha, 2006. [JP release]
- Kaneko, Kazuma. Kazuma Kaneko Works I. Shinkigensha, 2004. [JP release]
Readings > Background articles
- Kimberley Wallace. “Perfecting Persona: How Atlus USA Bloomed”. Game Informer, 17 September 2013.
- Samantha Xu. “Opinion: Sexuality And Homophobia In Persona 4“, Gamasutra, 28 January 2009.
- Tony. “Lucifer vs. Satan: Which Name Is Correct?“. Digital Devil Database, 27 December 2008.
Readings > Interviews > Magazine articles
- Eric L. Patterson and Dai Kohama. “The horrors of reality TV… Persona 4“. Play (December 2008), pp. N/A.
- Heidi Kemps. “An Interview with Kazuma Kaneko“. Otaku USA, Vol. 2, Issue 1 (August 2008), pp. 120-123.
Readings > Interviews > Website articles
- Jenni Lada. “Soul Hackers Interview: Translating a SMT classic”. Technology Tell, 22 April 2013.
- “Shin Megami Tensei Online: Exclusive Interview”. Technology Tell, 14 January 2010.
- jeriaska. “Sound Current: ‘Reaching Out to the Truth – Vocal Tracks in Persona 4′“. GameSetWatch, 11 May 2009.
- jeriaska. “GameSetInterview: ‘Translating Shin Megami Tensei: Persona for PSP’“. GameSetWatch, 11 August 2009.
- “Persona 3 Atlus Interview”. Digital Devil Database, n.d.
- “Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner Interview”. Digital Devil Database, n.d.